Installing Roof Shingles – Pick Your Nailgun Carefully
If you’re installing roof shingles, give careful consideration to the equipment you select. Here are some excellent choices based on 22 years of roofing experience…
Equipment for Installing Roof Shingles –Your Nailgun
There are thirty-some roofing nailers on the market, but here are seven reasons why many professionals like myself choose the Hitachi NV45AB2.
1. It’s quick and easy to load fasteners. One of the main improvements on this nail gun over previous models is the side-loading feature. You no longer have to put up with the awkward bottom-loading mechanism to enjoy the performance of a Hitachi.
2. It is fast and reliable. Firing three nails per second, the piston has pneumatic feed and return. That allows it to drive through tar build-ups on the feed mechanism, unlike some of the competition which rely on a spring return. That gives you a faster nailing cycle and less jamming.
3. The Hitachi has a long-lasting design. From the carbide tips on the nose of the tool, to the tough metal body and steel body shields, this gun has “body armor” to minimize wear from hard use and shingle abrasion. It also has rubber pads on the body shields to minimize slippage on steep roofs.
4. It has service available. As good as it is, nothing lasts forever. But Hitachi has a reliable service network to get you back up and running fast.
5. It’s infinitely adjustable. Unlike some other nail guns, which have a stepped exposure gauge, the Hitachi gauge can be set to any exposure. You can use it for installing roof shingles that perfectly match the exposure of shingles driven with other nail guns, regardless of the brand.
6. It’s easy on YOU. At just 5.5 pounds the Hitachi is one of the lightest roofing nail guns on the market. This model also has a durable rubber grip handle. These two features make a tough job a little easier.
7. It’s easy on your wallet. There was a time when the Hitachi was one of the most expensive roofing nail guns. Over the years, increased competition has driven the price down, while design improvements have improved the durability of the gun. The result is a long-lasting tool which is a great value.
You’ll find more about equipment for installing roof shingles in this article.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_C._Bishop